Recipe by WeBees
Shared with our local CSA by a member and posted in our newsletter. A great way to use up all that excess zuccini.
- 1 lb zucchini, ends trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Sweat the zuccini in a colander, toss it with the salt and let stand 1/2 hour over a plate to drain.
- Rince and dry on towels.
- Heat the oil and butter in a skillet, an a pan large enough to hold the zuccini in a single layer. Add the garlic and stir frequently until light brown, about 3 minutes. Do not burn. Scoop out and place ina small bowl to set aside. Raise the heat ot med-hi.
- Add zuccinin and fry stirring frequently for 8-10 minutes until browned and tender but still crunchy. Remove from heat. Add the lime and toasted garlic; toss thoroughly. Sprinkle with pepper, oregano and parsley, mix and adjust salt as needed. Serve immeadiatly in a warm dish.