Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
so tasty and accompanies so many meals
- 1 cup basmati rice (cooked and cooled)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup chicken stock (chicken stock cube)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons passata
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- black pepper (to taste)
- heat oil in a wok or large pan,add onion,red pepper and passata and fry gently untilonions are soft about 5 minutes add peas and cook for a further 1 minute.
- stir in the beaten egg and keep stirring until set and mixed well.
- then stir in the stock.
- gradually add the rice stirring all the time.
- once heated through stand for a couple of minutes and serve.