Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great rice recipe that my aunt came up with. It is very tasty and great for a quick meal during the week. (Preparation time is the time it takes to cook the rice).
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 egg
- cooked chicken, cut into strips (optional)
- Place sesame oil in a wok and heat.
- Add rice, veggies, soy sauce and oyster sauce.
- Sauté ingredients in oil making sure to thoroughly mix rice and sauce together.
- After 5 minutes of sautéing on medium heat move rice so that the middle of the wok is empty.
- Add egg into the wok and scramble until cooked.
- Finally mix egg into rice and serve.
Doesn't get much better than this for a quick easy lunch! Was a great way to use up some leftover white rice. Ate half without chicken today, but I'll be cooking one up to throw in for bringing as an office lunch this week! Thanks!
This was SO easy. We cooked the rice in the rice cooker and then just threw it all together in a wok. We used mixed veggies as that is what we had on hand. Perfect!