I make these usually on a Sunday morning. I love the smell of frying onions. I do not buy the ready hash browns anymore. I do make extra to serve for another breakfast during the week.
- 1. Wash potatoes and prick with a knife.
- 2. Microwave the potatoes for approximately 8 minutes.
- This can be done the night before. (Do not peel the potatoes).
- 3. Heat oil and butter together in skillet.
- 4. Slice the potatoes and add to the skillet and cook over medium high heat add onions, season salt, parsley after 5 minutes and continue cooking until potatoes are crispy. This takes approximately 10 minutes.
- 5 You may need to add more or less season salt depending on your potato size.