Prep 5 mins
Cook 18 mins
I make these usually on a Sunday morning. I love the smell of frying onions. I do not buy the ready hash browns anymore. I do make extra to serve for another breakfast during the week.
- 1. Wash potatoes and prick with a knife.
- 2. Microwave the potatoes for approximately 8 minutes.
- This can be done the night before. (Do not peel the potatoes).
- 3. Heat oil and butter together in skillet.
- 4. Slice the potatoes and add to the skillet and cook over medium high heat add onions, season salt, parsley after 5 minutes and continue cooking until potatoes are crispy. This takes approximately 10 minutes.
- 5 You may need to add more or less season salt depending on your potato size.
mmmmm...i added a little bit of chopped up bacon and mixed in an egg and it was amazing! Love the recipe and I think i will make it more often
I actually made this for a dinner side dish. I wanted to make potatoes quickly without using the oven, and this was perfect! I microwaved the potatoes for 7 minutes, and they were just right. I threw on some salt, pepper, onion powder, and Penzey's Fox Point seasoning while they were in the pan, and they were delicious!
This is a great recipe. But I think I cooked my potatoes too much. My microwave has a lot of power. Maybe that's why. And also I diced the potatoes and they were all crumbly. Overall it was delicious. And since I cooked bacon in another pan, I poured a little bit of bacon grease to give some bacon taste to the potatoes. Thanks aronsinvest :) Made for cookbook tag game