Recipe by NAMA
These are very tasty little pickles, the marinade can be used for a lot of vegetables or meats. I have had this recipe for so long I don't remember where it came from. There are similar ones on this site.
- 1 cup vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill seed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 cup onion
- 3 -4 good size cucumbers (do not peel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put vinegar & sugar in bowl and stir well.
- add dill seed, salt,& celery salt mix.
- slice cucumbers as you would for bread and butter pickles.
- slice onions very thin.
- add cucumbers and onions. stir so that all of the cucumbers and onions are under the marinade.
- cover and keep in fridge for 8 hours.
- put in jars and back in fridge.
- if left unopened they should keep in fridge indefinitely.