Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Another quick and easy idea can be made in minutes and cook while you eat dinner. You can also use canned peaches and it's really just as good.
- 6 cups fresh peaches
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375.
- If using fresh peaches, peel and slice add 1/4 cup white sugar (depending on sweetness) set aside.
- Make batter - add flour, baking powder, salt, milk, brown sugar and 1/4 cup melted butter to mixer. Mix well - batter will be thin.
- Pour 1/4 cup melted butter into 9x 13 baking dish.
- add batter - place peaches on top.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
- **to use canned peaches***.
- use 29 oz can of peaches in juice not syrup - drain peaches - do not use the white sugar.
This is delicious, perfect in taste, appearance, and texture! I used canned peaches and only half drained them. I also used skim milk instead of whole, and i sprinkled a tablespoon of rolled oats over the top before baking. Thanks for sharing such a delicious dessert! [Made for Fall 08 PAC]
I am not going to give this any stars for now, because I think there is something missing from the recipe. I made it just like it was posted, and I ended up with a thick cake-like crust with dry peaches all on top (they dried out while baking. There was nothing juicy or cobbler like. Sorry!