Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My favorite 'special' breakfast. On the table in only 15 minutes. I like to use large sndwiches rolls cut into 4 long strips, but any bread works. Amounts given are approximate.
- Preheat nonstick skillet to 350, medium high.
- In shallow dish, mix egg and milk until well incorporated. Dip bread into egg-milk mixture to coak. For softer french toast, allow to soak until all liquid is absorbed.
- Let about 1 teaspoon butter melt in skillet. Cook french toast in butter about 1 min per side, until just golden brown. Is desired, sprinkle with cinnamon before flipping. (If using strips, cook on all four sides.).
- Remove french toast to warm plate.
- In skillet, combine brown sugar and remaining butter.
- Add banana. Cook just enough to coat all sides with bubbling butter/sugar mixture, and carmelize slightly; less than 2 minutes total.
- To serve, top french toast with caramelized banana and any of the butter/sugar mixture left in the pan.