My favorite 'special' breakfast. On the table in only 15 minutes. I like to use large sndwiches rolls cut into 4 long strips, but any bread works. Amounts given are approximate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat nonstick skillet to 350, medium high.
- 2In shallow dish, mix egg and milk until well incorporated. Dip bread into egg-milk mixture to coak. For softer french toast, allow to soak until all liquid is absorbed.
- 3Let about 1 teaspoon butter melt in skillet. Cook french toast in butter about 1 min per side, until just golden brown. Is desired, sprinkle with cinnamon before flipping. (If using strips, cook on all four sides.).
- 4Remove french toast to warm plate.
- 5In skillet, combine brown sugar and remaining butter.
- 6Add banana. Cook just enough to coat all sides with bubbling butter/sugar mixture, and carmelize slightly; less than 2 minutes total.
- 7To serve, top french toast with caramelized banana and any of the butter/sugar mixture left in the pan.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick French Toast With Caramelized Bananas
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 390.8
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 129.5 mg
- Sodium 520.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 10.4 g