1/2 Photos of Quick Four Cheese Pasta With Bacon and Peas
This pasta dish is especially great because there's no need to boil the pasta separately; instead, it cooks right in the sauce. I Adapted from CooksIllustrated.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to upper-middle position and heat oven to 500 degrees.
- 2Cook bacon, onion and garlic in a large nonstick skilled over medium-high heat until onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add broth, cream, pasta, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cover and bring to a boil.
- 4Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, until pasta is tender, about 15 minutes.
- 5Off heat, stir in Parmaigiano-Reggiano cheese, 1/2 cup of the shredded Italian four-cheese blend and peas and season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- 6Sprinkle with the remaining shredded cheese.
- 7Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Four Cheese Pasta With Bacon and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.9
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 75.3 mg
- Sodium 282.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 14.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
four cheese blend