1/1 Photo of Quick Food Processor Biscuits
Holly Short's Note:
These light, tasty biscuits are very quick when made in the food processor, but you can also make them without it. I adapted this recipe from one I found on the back of a baking powder can.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- 2Put the flour, baking powder and salt in the food processor. Pulse several times to mix.
- 3If your shortening is hard cut it up before dropping on the food processor. Pulse until shortening is in bits about the size of small peas.
- 4Add milk and pulse until dough comes together.
- 5Dump on to a floured board and knead for a minute or two.
- 6Roll to 1/2 inch thick and cut dough with a floured biscuit cutter.
- 7Brush the biscuits with melted butter before baking on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Food Processor Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.1
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 541.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 7.9 g