These light, tasty biscuits are very quick when made in the food processor, but you can also make them without it. I adapted this recipe from one I found on the back of a baking powder can.
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt in the food processor. Pulse several times to mix.
- If your shortening is hard cut it up before dropping on the food processor. Pulse until shortening is in bits about the size of small peas.
- Add milk and pulse until dough comes together.
- Dump on to a floured board and knead for a minute or two.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thick and cut dough with a floured biscuit cutter.
- Brush the biscuits with melted butter before baking on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 12-15 minutes.