Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
from david rocco ( the cooking channel) - http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/david-rocco/le-focacce-recipe/index.html
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh yeast, crumbled
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- Mound the flour on a smooth work surface, and create a well in the middle of the flour.
- Break up the cubes of yeast with your hands and add it to the well, along with the white wine, olive oil and a portion of salted lukewarm water.
- Work the flour slowly, adding the rest of the salted lukewarm water as needed until it turns into a uniform dough.
- Cover the dough and let rest to rise for about 20 to 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven at 450 degrees F. Oil the bottom of a pizza pan and stretch out the dough until the pizza covers the whole pan. Add as little or as much of your favorite toppings before baking it until the crust is golden brown and the toppings are bubbling, golden, or cooked through (depending on your ingredients), approximately 20 minutes.