Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
I recently found out I'm diabetic, and have had to change up how I cook things. I really miss my pizza but I came up with this on the fly to fit in with my new diet.
- 2 flour tortillas (try flatout flatbreads)
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 large mixed mushrooms
- 1⁄2 onion
- 2 ounces feta cheese
- 2 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Place tortillas over parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- Spread a teaspoon of olive olive oil over each tortilla.
- Spread 3 oz of tomato paste over each tortilla.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Next place pepperoni over tomato paste.
- Slice and spread onions and mushrooms next.
- Add basil and oregano and drizzle remaining olive oil.
- Top with crumbled feta and pizza cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cheese is browned and crust looks crispy.
I had this tonight for a light and tasty supper. Next time I will try it using browned ground beef and olives, I can't wait. Thanks Chef Curt for posting such an easy and tasty recipe. Made for Fall PAC 2012.