Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
The perfect side dish for those "hurry up" week day dinners. A fresh, flavorful addition to any meal.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large cabbage, washed and sliced
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped
- Heat oil in a large skillet until very hot.
- Add cabbage and onion and cook until slightly browned.
- Reduce heat, add paprika, vinegar, salt and pepper, simmer 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and simmer 3 more minutes.
Carol, I made this recipe again, and it still rates a five. This time I made it as you directed (no cheese LOL) and we had a lovely supper. Flavors were great and the cabbage stayed a bright green to make a lovely dish. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Oh, this is good! We loved the vinegar taste, not too overbearing, but a nice addition. I used 4 small Roma tomatoes and added a t of minced garlic. Enjoyed by all!! Thanks Lorac!!
Lorac, this was just delicious! I don't usually have cooked cabbage, but I will now. The vinegar gave it a nice taste. Will definately cook this again! Thanks!