Prep 0 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This ground beef stew is hearty, delicious, flexible, and really REALLY easy!
- 455 g lean ground beef
- 400 ml beef stock
- 3 sticks celery, sliced
- 400 g diced tomatoes (1 can)
- 125 g corn kernels (1 small can)
- 400 g mixed vegetables (1 can)
- Brown beef in frying pan, drain.
- Combine with all other ingredients in slow cooker/crockpot, or cook in large pot on stove.
- For slow cooker, cook on Low for 5-7 hours. For stovetop, simmer on low heat for 1-2 hours.
We enjoyed this easy-to-make meal! To me it was more of a soup than a stew since the liquid was more broth than gravy, but still tasty and satisfying. I'm not a fan of lima beans that are in most canned mixed veggies so used a can of green beans instead. Served over biscuits and enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!