Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a Kraft foods magazine.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄4 ounces taco seasoning (one packet)
- 1 (19 ounce) can kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup water
- 4 flour tortillas, cut into 1 1/2-inch squares
- 1 cup mexican cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- Brown meat in a large skillet on medium-high heat; drain.
- Add seasoning mix, beans, salsa and water; stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in tortillas; top with cheese.
- Cover; let stand 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with sour cream and onions.
My family really enjoyed this. It made a quick, easy meal with just the right amount of spice.
Very deliious meal, served this last week to my family, my brother went crazy for it. Has a little kick to it, usally I cant handle any spice, but this amount is perfect, was good for me and my family that likes spice, thank you for sharing what you found! would recommend.
I've made this several times now and we like it a lot. A nice, quick meal. Thanks for posting.