1/1 Photo of Quick Fish Stew
This is a recipe that an old manager gave to me years ago. It is delicious. He did make some changes to the original recipe. It is out of "The Doubleday Cookbook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and minced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 2 lbs fish fillets (use any 2 of the following ( cod, flounder, haddock, sea bass, tuna)
- 9 ounces shrimp (peeled and deveined) or 9 ounces scallops (or mixture of both)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup clam juice, bottled
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (6 ounce) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 mussels (in shell, well scrubbed and bearded)
- 10 littleneck clams (in shell, well scrubbed)
- 1 (10 ounce) package green peas, frozen
- 1 -2 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1In a large kettle over moderate heat, saute' onion, scallions, and garlic in butter 3-5 minutes until very pale golden.
- 2Meanwhile, cut fish in 2" chunks, set aside.
- 3Add water, clam juice, wine, tomatoes, tomato paste and salt and pepper to kettle.
- 4Break up any large clumps of tomato, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Add fish, shrimp, peas, mussels and clams, cover and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- 6Sprinkle with parsley, taste for salt and adjust as needed.
- 7Ladle into soup bowls and serve with hot butter French bread.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Fish Stew
Serving Size: 1 (608 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 673.1
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 257.6 mg
- Sodium 2131.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 79.0 g