Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Not quite the same, but still good. I usually use the chicken/turkey alternatives as we don't eat red meat in our house. I don't remember where I got this, some magazine I think...
- Put broth in a large pot. Cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- NOTE - I like to simmer the broth with a 1" piece of fresh ginger (quartered) and a cinnamon stick for 30 minutes, remove the items and bring to a boil. It makes it not-so-quick, but it is more flavorful.
- Add the noodles, reduce heat to medium and boil gently, uncovered, 6-8 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the spinach and basil for the last minute of cooking time.
- Divide beef among 4 serving bowls. Ladle soup over the pastrami, sprinkle with green onions and drizzle with chili sauce.
- Serve with lime.
This recipe was very easy and so delicious! I made it with the ginger and cinnamon and it just had so much flavor.. Thanks for the recipe, it's a definite keeper in my recipe box