Jena Marie's Note:
I created this recipe to try and copy the first fajitas I ever had. I've never had any like these since. The ingredient amounts can be changed to suit your tastes. You don't have to use a cast iron skillet however the taste cannot be reproduced any other way. It comes from the reaction of the acidic tomatoes with the cast iron.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced into strips
- 8 ounces salsa (I like hot)
- flour tortilla
- 1Have all ingredients ready because this goes together quickly.
- 2Using a cast iron skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of pan. The oil should be quite hot before proceeding. (Be Careful!).
- 3Add bell pepper strips and onion slices to the hot oil. Be careful because it will cause the grease to splatter.
- 4Turn down heat to medium high.
- 5When onions are soft, add the chicken slices.
- 6Cook until chicken slices have been warmed.
- 7Turn up heat to high and push veggies and chicken to sides of pan.
- 8Pour salsa into the center of pan. If the pan is hot enough, a cloud of steam should immediately happen when you add the salsa.
- 9Begin mixing the veggies and chicken into the salsa.
- 10Cook until the liquid in the salsa has cooked out.Should only take a few minutes since the pan is hot.
- 11Pour fajitas onto a platter and serve with the sids.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.8
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 73.1 mg
- Sodium 813.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 29.7 g