Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I created this recipe to try and copy the first fajitas I ever had. I've never had any like these since. The ingredient amounts can be changed to suit your tastes. You don't have to use a cast iron skillet however the taste cannot be reproduced any other way. It comes from the reaction of the acidic tomatoes with the cast iron.
- Have all ingredients ready because this goes together quickly.
- Using a cast iron skillet, heat enough oil to cover bottom of pan. The oil should be quite hot before proceeding. (Be Careful!).
- Add bell pepper strips and onion slices to the hot oil. Be careful because it will cause the grease to splatter.
- Turn down heat to medium high.
- When onions are soft, add the chicken slices.
- Cook until chicken slices have been warmed.
- Turn up heat to high and push veggies and chicken to sides of pan.
- Pour salsa into the center of pan. If the pan is hot enough, a cloud of steam should immediately happen when you add the salsa.
- Begin mixing the veggies and chicken into the salsa.
- Cook until the liquid in the salsa has cooked out.Should only take a few minutes since the pan is hot.
- Pour fajitas onto a platter and serve with the sids.
My family loved it, I also used some diffrent pepers.