Another iron skillet recipe from my childhood. Mom had to stretch the budget and make it tasty for all us younguns. Feel free to adjust spices to suit your own tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 large onion, corsely chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, corsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup grated cheese, of choice
- 1Spray non stick or iron skillet with no stick spray and brown meat.
- 2Remove meat from skillet and set aside.
- 3Saute onion and peppers until just tender and add meat back to skillet.
- 4Drain rotel tomatoes and reserve liquid.
- 5Add tomatoes, garlic and spices to meat.
- 6Add enough water to make 2 cups to rotel liquid and add to meat along with the tomato sauce.
- 7Stir in rice and cover.
- 8Either simmer over low heat or put in oven at 350 till liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- 9Sprinkle cheese over top and let melt just before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & EZ Spanish rice
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.2
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 63.4 mg
- Sodium 635.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 21.4 g