Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quicker and easier alternative to rolled enchiladas.
Make and share this Quick Enchilada Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add tortillas, onions and chicken to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned.
- Add the black beans, tomato sauce, and enchilada sauce; mix well. Cover skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir once again.
- Top with the cheese. Cover skillet for about 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Remove from heat.
- Scatter dallops of sour cream around on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the dallops with the cilantro.
I was worried to try this out on the fam--I never know anymore if something is going to be a hit or a bomb. I had to use Ro-tel tomatoes in place of tomato sauce and enchilada sauce because that was all I had. Everyone loved this!! I think the enchilada sauce and tomato sauce combo would have made this even better, so I will do that next time. Thanks for getting me through another meal with picky teenagers! KCShell
Such a quickie dinner! We love enchiladas in our house but this is a perfect alternative if you don't want to heat the oven up or take time to roll up the tortillas. This time we kept it vegetarian--doubled the beans and added some corn Served with diced lettuce and tomatoes. My non-eating 5 year old even ate it without having to remind her to eat a hundred times!