Recipe by *Parsley*
A quicker and easier alternative to rolled enchiladas.
Top Review by KCShell
I was worried to try this out on the fam--I never know anymore if something is going to be a hit or a bomb. I had to use Ro-tel tomatoes in place of tomato sauce and enchilada sauce because that was all I had. Everyone loved this!! I think the enchilada sauce and tomato sauce combo would have made this even better, so I will do that next time. Thanks for getting me through another meal with picky teenagers! KCShell
- cooking spray
- 12 flour tortillas, cut into bite-size strips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups cooked chicken
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 3⁄4-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add tortillas, onions and chicken to skillet. Cook over medium-high heat for about 7 minutes, stirring frequently or until tortillas are crisp and lightly browned.
- Add the black beans, tomato sauce, and enchilada sauce; mix well. Cover skillet and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir once again.
- Top with the cheese. Cover skillet for about 1 minute to melt the cheese.
- Remove from heat.
- Scatter dallops of sour cream around on top of the cheese. Sprinkle the dallops with the cilantro.