WI Cheesehead's Note:
I put a few ideas together to make this for breakfast today and the family loved it! It didn't make enough. Be sure to use the thinner sandwhich type bread. Use any flavor jam you like. Other filling ingredients are listed in the directions. I took the crusts and made Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Crunchy Croutons, so there's really no waste. Now if I could only find a decent white bread with no high fructose corn syrup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the peanut butter and jam together in a bowl.
- 2Remove the crusts and roll the bread flat.
- 3Using a large biscuit cutter, cut into a circle.
- 4Place about 1 T of PB/jam into the center and sprinkle on a few chocolate chips.
- 5Fold the bread over into a half moon shape and seal the edge; place on a baking tray. Repeat until you have the tray full.
- 6Melt butter and brush over tops; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 7Bake in 350° oven for 15-20 minutes, or until hot.
- 8Filling suggestions (just leave off the cinnamon/sugar):.
- 9Cheddar cheese and chopped pepperoni, or ham or cooked ground beef, etc.
- 10Mozzarella cheese, pizza sauce and pepperoni.
- 11Chopped eggs, cheese and a little mayo.
- 12Make a gyro type filling. The variations are endless!
- 13The variations are endless!
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Empanadas, Calzones, Pockets, Whatever!
Serving Size: 1 (34 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 144.5
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 238.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free strawberry jam