Comfort food good warm or cold. Can make as a pie as well. Baking time is reduced because milk is scalded beforehand.
- Mix well: eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla.
- SLOWLY stir in scalded milk.
- Butter small baking pan (I'm sorry, I can't tell you exactly what size as I always triple this recipe for my large family).
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Dash nutmeg over top.
- Bake at 475F for 5 minutes; Then reduce heat to 425F and bake for 10 minutes longer, or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- If making a pie, pour into 9" pie shell. Let pie set.