Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
My husband and I created this hearty heart healthy vegetarian chili while he (a meat eater) and I (a strict vegetarian) were dating. It is easy to make utilizing readily available ingredients and satisfies both our tastes!
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) can spicy hot V8
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans with lime juice, drained
- 16 ounces Morningstar Farms Meal Starters Grillers recipe crumbles
- ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (optional) or 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- additional cumin (optional) or chili powder, as desired (optional)
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- cooked elbow macaroni (optional)
- In the bottom of a dutch oven, saute Onions in Olive or Canola Oil until they start to soften.
- Add in Garlic and Red Pepper and cook until fragant.
- Stir in Burger Crumbles, sprinkle with worcestershire or soy sauce (if desired), and cook over medium heat until warmed.
- Add in remaining ingredients and heat through.
- Server over Elbow Pasta and top with Sharp Cheddar, if desired.
this was very good! I used fresh green chiles, and soy sauce (since I didn't have the W sauce -- but I am thinking that would have been good). Delicious over the macaroni!