I always thought that Mexican pizzas sounded really cool and fun to make but always got discouraged at the lack of vegetarian options, since I think a lot of the commercial non-meat ground beef substitutes usually have a soapy taste plus tend to be expensive. Feel free to use homemade refried beans, I prefer the convenience of canned and many brands make vegetarian/vegan varieties. I use ID #389616, All Purpose Mexican Seasoning, feel free to use a commercial type or another mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eight-inch flour tortillas (preferably whole wheat)
- 1 (16 ounce) can vegetarian refried beans (black or pinto)
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning (to taste, ID #389616)
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, finely diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced (1/4 cup prechopped)
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, shreds
- 1Place 4 eight-inch tortillas onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Spread the refried beans across each tortilla and season with the taco seasoning/Mexican spices. Leave about 1/2" of space around the edges like putting sauce on a regular pizza.
- 2Bake at 400F for 10 minutes. While they're baking, mix up the cheeses (or measure out 1 cup premade cheddarjack blend) in a small bowl, and the veggies in another.
- 3When the tortillas are done baking, top each one with 1/4 cup cheese, and equal amounts of the veggie mix and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Vegetarian Mexican Pizzas
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 27.4 mg
- Sodium 358.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetarian refried beans