1/1 Photo of Quick & Easy Vegetarian Empanadas
esmerelda smoot's Note:
This great recipe found in "Real Simple" magazine cuts normal preparation time for empanadas in half.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 400°F Spread 1 teaspoon of the oil on a baking sheet.
- 2Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Roll each into an 8in round on a lightly floured surface. On 1 side of each round, spread some of the beans, then top with 1 1/2 tbs of salsa and 2 tbs of cheese.
- 3Fold each of the rounds in half, covering the filling, and sealing the dough on the curved edge with your thumb. Lightly brush the tops of the empanadas with the remaining oil. Transfer to the already greased baking sheet.
- 4Bake 12-15 minutes until golden.
- 5Serve with a dollop of sour cream and sliced avocado if desired.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Vegetarian Empanadas
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.4
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 39.7 mg
- Sodium 1069.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 15.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: