Recipe by TasteTester
I recently tried this recipe because I am trying to make low-cholesterol recipes more often. We enjoyed it very much, and it's easy to prepare and quick to cook.
Top Review by mandabacca
Easy and pretty good. I probably wouldn't mash the beans up at all and would follow Charlotte J's suggestion to make this a one pan meal if I were to try this again. This made about 8 servings (1 cup portions). 4 points plus points per serving.
- 1 cup packaged baby carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 (5 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- freshly cracked black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir carrots and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add beans, broth and seasoning. Bring to boiling; slightly mash beans. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and toss 1-2 minutes, just until wilted. Remove from heat. Ladle soup, top with the spinach and sprinkle with the pepper.