Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I recently tried this recipe because I am trying to make low-cholesterol recipes more often. We enjoyed it very much, and it's easy to prepare and quick to cook.
- 1 cup packaged baby carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 32 ounces reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 1 (5 ounce) package Baby Spinach
- freshly cracked black pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook and stir carrots and onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Add beans, broth and seasoning. Bring to boiling; slightly mash beans. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and toss 1-2 minutes, just until wilted. Remove from heat. Ladle soup, top with the spinach and sprinkle with the pepper.
Easy and pretty good. I probably wouldn't mash the beans up at all and would follow Charlotte J's suggestion to make this a one pan meal if I were to try this again. This made about 8 servings (1 cup portions). 4 points plus points per serving.
This delicious soup was turned into a one pan meal, by starting off with Step 2. Regular spinach was used in making this, but the leaves were cut into thirds. After I wilted the spinach and put it into bowls, I went to step one. In the end, the spinach was warmed back up by the hot soup. The Italian seasoning turns this into a great soup and I'll be making it again. I did add a little kosher salt to my bowl. Thank you Made for 1~2~3 Hits ~ Sept/Oct 2010
We really enjoyed this quick and easy soup. It's comfort food at its best! We particularly loved the baby spinach in it too. Can't wait to make it again, TasteTester. Thanks for sharing.