Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My Great-Grandmother taught me how to prepare this dish, which has been enjoyed by my Mediterranean rooted family for generations. It turns out that this dish, like many of our "family foods", have excellent health benefits. Enjoy hot or cold!
- Select a clear, rectangular Pyrex baking pan that is slightly larger (50% or less) than the fish.
- Sprinkle 1/2 EVOO on bottom of Pyrex.
- Wash fish & pat dry with paper towel.
- Place fish, skin side down, in the baking dish.
- Completely cover fish with tomato sauce, parsley, lemon, and remaining EVOO.
- Seal tightly with aluminum foil & place in 350°F oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Check: Open oven & observe, without opening (by looking at the outer side of the clear dish), that the sauce is liquid (watery) and boiling.
- THAT'S IT!
- Note: If fish is thick, and more time required, add water as needed, re-sealing aluminum TIGHTLY.
- Keep covered until service. Be sure to ladle extra sauce over fish (MMM!).