Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a FABULOUS cobbler and, with the self-rising flour, you won't believe how fast it goes together. Five minutes or less, and it's ready for the oven. It's also very flexible--I've used all kinds of berries and mixed berries for it, and you can double it for a 13x9 pan. It's quite sweet with good berries so feel free to cut back on the sugar. I think it would be good with Splenda, too. From Southern Living Magazine.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, Melted
- 2 cups frozen blackberries
- Whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, and milk until just blended.
- Whisk in melted butter.
- Pour batter into a generously greased 12 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle blackberries and remaining 1/4 Cup sugar evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or cool whip.
Excellent cobbler. I used frozen berries that we picked this past summer. Made a great and easy dessert. Thanks.
This is SO quick and easy to make with outstanding results!! I used fresh black berries. My guests went back for 2nds! This is an OUTSTANDING recipe that eveyone MUST try!!!