Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
quick, easy, tasty - but that's enough about me... this recipe is really good & fairly quick for people on the go... comfort food you could say!...
- 1 large potato, washed
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- cheese, grated (optional)
- sea salt (optional) or rock salt (optional)
- black pepper (optional)
- start by washing & then pricking your potato with a fork or knife.
- pat the potato dry with a piece of kitchen towell & then microwave on high heat for 4-5 minutes approx' - depending on the size of the potato & wattage of your microwave.
- in the meantime, take a sheet of kitchen foil & place a large knob of butter in the middle.
- finely chop the garlic & onion & sprinkle half of each on top of the butter in the middle of the foil.
- place the potato on top of the butter, onion & garlic, then repeat on top of the potato - butter, garlic & onion. season if desired then wrap up tightly.
- place in a pre-heated oven for 1 hour approx' or until the potato is thoroughly cooked.
- when done, slice open, mash more butter into the potato, add the onions onto the potato & grate a generous amount of cheese over the top. season to taste if desired.
- serve with whatever takes your fancy at the time -- delicious! -- .
This is a different and tasty way to do traditional baked potatoes. DH did add sour cream to his when it was served up, but other than that I made it as written. We enjoyed them very much!I love the garlic cooked with it. Thanks for sharing the recipe! *Made for PAC.