1/5 Photos of Quick & Easy Tahini Sauce
This is wonderful atop Msabbha instead of the plain tahini! Tahini or tashi as it is called in Cyprus, is a paste made from ground sesame seeds. It is usually very thick and if left a long time you will see that oil is gathered on top. You do not have to worry about that you just mix it and it is just fine. The full version is one of the many dishes served as Cypriot mezes. Original recipe from http://humus101.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the tahini in a small bowl and pour in a little water.
- 2Stir slowly until the texture starts to become thicker, then add more water and stir. Repeat a few times keeping the mixture more or less homogeneous.
- 3Squeeze and add the lemon juice. (Stop at this point if using with Msabbha Msabbha).
- 4(Continue if serving as a sauce in itself), Chop the garlic and the parsley well, and add them while stirring.
- 5If the tahini is too thick, add a little more water. Add the salt.
- 6Serve with some chopped parsley on top and a sprinkling of paprika.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Tahini Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: