Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe I got from a Pace booklet. I have not made this yet, but plan to in the near future.
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) can refrigerated cornbread twists dough
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (14 ounce) jar taco sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄2 sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Open cornbread twists, but do not unroll the dough.
- Separate into 8 pieces at perforations and place on baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 10 inch skillet over med-high heat, cook beef until browned; drain.
- Add taco cooking sauce to meat and heat through.
- Cut cornbread biscuits into halves.
- Spoon taco mixture over bottom half.
- Divide cheese and sour cream evenly over the taco mixture and top with other half of bread.
- Serve immediately.
This was an awesome recipe, my family loved it, it was so easy to make. Instead of the refrigerated corn bread though, I baked regular cornbread muffins, and I used pace picante sauce, it was a great meal, and we will definitly be eating this one again in the near future.
5+ stars for this recipe! So very good and easy to make. I didnt find the refrigerated cornbread twists so I made regular cornbread in a square baking dish. Also used ground turkey instead of ground beef and Ortega taco sauce. Thank you Jellyqueen for a wonderful recupe!