1/1 Photo of Quick & Easy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
1 hr 5 mins
Pudgie Dog's Note:
My mother used to make this for me when I was young and I still like it. She doesn't have a recipe so I had to create it from her notes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the green peppers in half, top to bottom, and clean out the seeds and core.
- 2Pre-cook the peppers about 1/2 way done. I used the microwave about 4-5 minutes. Set them aside.
- 3Dice the onions and saute until translucent.
- 4Add the ground beef, salt and pepper to taste, and cook until done.
- 5Add the diced tomatoes with the juice to the ground beef mixture and cook for about 5 minutes.
- 6In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground beef mixture, and the rice together.
- 7Add about 3/4 of the the can of V8 juice, and the Catsup with the mixture.
- 8Taste test the mixture and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- 9Stuff each of the Green Pepper halves with the ground beef/Rice mixture.
- 10Add the remaining mixture to the bottom of the casserole dish and push each of the stuffed Green Peppers in the casserole.
- 11Pour the remaining V8 juice over the Stuffed Green Peppers and rice mixture.
- 12Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 Minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Stuffed Green Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 512.9
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 705.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 27.0 g