Recipe by Pudgie Dog
My mother used to make this for me when I was young and I still like it. She doesn't have a recipe so I had to create it from her notes.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 green peppers
- 12 ounces vegetable juice
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the green peppers in half, top to bottom, and clean out the seeds and core.
- Pre-cook the peppers about 1/2 way done. I used the microwave about 4-5 minutes. Set them aside.
- Dice the onions and saute until translucent.
- Add the ground beef, salt and pepper to taste, and cook until done.
- Add the diced tomatoes with the juice to the ground beef mixture and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the ground beef mixture, and the rice together.
- Add about 3/4 of the the can of V8 juice, and the Catsup with the mixture.
- Taste test the mixture and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Stuff each of the Green Pepper halves with the ground beef/Rice mixture.
- Add the remaining mixture to the bottom of the casserole dish and push each of the stuffed Green Peppers in the casserole.
- Pour the remaining V8 juice over the Stuffed Green Peppers and rice mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 F for 30 to 35 Minutes.