Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is such an easy quiche to prepare! So simple, yet so good!
Make and share this Quick & Easy Spinach Quiche recipe from Food.com.
- one unbaked pie shell
- 5 ounces frozen spinach
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook spinach and onion together in skillet until onion is soft and spinach is completely thawed, cool slightly.
- Cut cream cheese into small cubes and place in the bottom of pie crust. Top with spinach and onion mixture.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs. Add shredded cheese, milk, salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until center is set. You may have to cover it with foil for the last 10-15 minutes so the crust doesn't get too dark.
- Take out of the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve warm.
Very easy and tasty. Loved the creaminess of the cream cheese in this. I had some pre-sliced Swiss cheese, so instead of using shredded cheese, I just diced the slices up, which worked fine. I am going to try gouda next time. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.
This was great!! Even my carnivore husband liked it!! The only thing different I did was to use a 7 oz. box of fresh spinach. I just stirred it a bit in the skillet until it reduced down. Mine took 45 minutes and I did cover the last 10 minutes with foil. Ajean, thanks for the recipe!!
This is an awesome dish. The cream cheese made it taste so rich and the cayenne pepper gave it that extra little kick, (I added a little extra). It is so simple and good!!!!