Recipe by Vino Girl
I got this recipe in my email yesterday and made it immediately. We had it for dinner, but it would be wonderful for brunch. Although the original recipe did not call for reduced fat dairy products, using them makes this a nice and healthy dish. I used nonfat cottage cheese and full fat feta. The recipe is from Crisco. Cook time does not include standing time - the recipe suggests allowing it to stand 15 minutes before cutting, but mine was plenty firm after just five.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed,drained and squeezed dry
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat cottage cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled or chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 10 sheets phyllo dough, thawed
- butter-flavored cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray an 8x8 glass baking dish with the cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together everything except the phyllo.
- Lay one sheet of phyllo in the baking dish, allowing the edges to hang over the sides of the dish.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Repeat with 4 more sheets of phyllo, spraying and alternating the direction of each sheet.
- Spoon spinach mixture on top of the prepared phyllo in the pan.
- Spray and layer remaining 5 sheets just the same as you did before.
- Roll edges of dough to form a rim.
- Spray the top.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 5-15 minutes before cutting and serving.