I made this one night when I wanted something quick and easy. I was just going to make Chow Mein from the can but I find that stuff kind of tasteless so I had to fix it up a bit. This is what I ended up with and it was pretty good. I served it with a side of ginger pears.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) package lo mein noodles (or other noodles)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) package canned chow mein (chicken or beef)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chicken, drained (or shrimp)
- 1open the veggie part of the chow mein and set to drain.
- 2Put water for noodles on and prepare according to package directions.
- 3While water for noodles is coming to a boil, in small skillet saute garlic and red pepper flakes in oil. Be careful not to burn the oil. When garlic is tender add lemon juice and soy sauce. Heat through.
- 4While noodles are cooking, combine the drained chinese veggies with the can of chicken and the gravy/chicken part of the chow mein. Heat through.
- 5Drain noodles, rinse with hot water, put noodles back in noodle pan and toss with garlic oil mixture.
- 6Serve the veggie/chicken mixture over the noodles.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Spicy Lo Mein
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 615.6
- Calories from Fat 358
- Total Fat 39.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 708.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
canned chow mein