Recipe by Pagan
This is GREAT for comfort food, and is even better in the dead of the winter. The steps are simple, few, and easy, therefore a great cooking badge project, or just something to throw in the oven and enjoy.
- 2 lbs lean ground chuck
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms or 2 1⁄2 ounces canned mushrooms, sliced
- 16 ounces frozen fresh peas and carrots
- 4 cups mashed potatoes, prepared
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, dried ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage, dried rubbed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin, ground
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat Oven to 350F while preparing. Do not brown meat first. Use a 9X13 glass pan.
- Layer in one pound ground chuck and sprinkle with half the seasonings.
- Top with half the mushrooms and half the peas and carrots.
- Cover with half the mashed potatoes.
- Repeat steps 2-4 and top with shredded cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake approximately 45 minutes or until meat is visibly browned and potatoes have baked to a nice golden brown around the edges.