A quick and simple red salsa reciple that doesn't taste like it came from a can!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 396.89 g can Ro-Tel tomatoes, with juice (Tomatoes with Green chiles)
- 396.89 g can canned diced tomatoes with juice
- 59.14 ml yellow onion, minced fine
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, deveined
- 1 small serrano chilies or 1 medium serrano chili, deveined, minced fine
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime, juice of, fresh
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.88 ml sugar
- 1Place onions, jalapeno chile, and garlic into food processor. Pulse several times, until chopped fine.
- 2Place tomatoes into food processor.
- 3Place chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and sugar into food processor.
- 4Mince Serrano chile very fine, then saute for a few minutes, until soft, in olive oil. Place inside food processor, oil and all.
- 5Pulse all ingredients together until as smooth or chunky as you like. Taste, add salt if desired, serve with tortilla chips.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick & Easy Salsa Roja
Serving Size: 1 (922 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 905.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 1.8 g