Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and simple red salsa reciple that doesn't taste like it came from a can!
Make and share this Quick & Easy Salsa Roja recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes, with juice (Tomatoes with Green chiles)
- 1 (14 ounce) cancanned diced tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, minced fine
- 1⁄2 large jalapeno pepper, deveined
- 1 small serrano chilies or 1 medium serrano chili, deveined, minced fine
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 1 lime, juice of, fresh
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 tablespoon sugar
- Place onions, jalapeno chile, and garlic into food processor. Pulse several times, until chopped fine.
- Place tomatoes into food processor.
- Place chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and sugar into food processor.
- Mince Serrano chile very fine, then saute for a few minutes, until soft, in olive oil. Place inside food processor, oil and all.
- Pulse all ingredients together until as smooth or chunky as you like. Taste, add salt if desired, serve with tortilla chips.
Made this for 2013 Zaar Cookbook tag game and this is a keeper. I did drain the liquid from both canned tomatoes (the Rotel I left some of it) and used a full jalapeno pepper and no serrano (company didn't want it to hot). Definately one I will use again and again. Thank you for posting. P,S. Oh yes, I left it a little chunky and used a little less onion and added some green onion sliced thin for some more color.