Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend Lisa shared this recipe with me. Comes together very quickly and tastes great. You could substitute different cheeses or meats very easily. You could also put in other types of vegetables (e.g. spinach, mushrooms, red bell peppers...). The quiche freezes well -- just cook as usual, cool, then cover with aluminum foil or freezer wrap and freeze. When ready to eat, just thaw in refrigerator, then place in 350 degree oven until warm.
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package sour cream
- 12 ounces swiss cheese, grated
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 frozen pie crusts
- Saute onions, peppers and ham in a skillet.
- In a bowl, mix sour cream, cheese, eggs and salt.
- Add sauteed items to bowl and pour 1/2 mixture into each pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until knife comes out clean.