Recipe by - Carla -
What can you make when you come home from work that's quick, easy and healthy? Shape Magazines Presto Pesto Pasta!
Top Review by Maito
Made this with all pesto instead of pasta water, so not quite as low fat (a treat for us), but still heart healthy fat. We also added a diced red pepper to it too, and it was really good.
- 1 lb whole wheat pasta
- 6 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup pre-washed torn basil leaves
- 6 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in rapidly boiling water according to directions until al dente.
- Drain and reserve 1 cup of pasta water.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the reserved water back into pot and turn flame to medium-high.
- Add pesto sauce, cherry tomatoes and basil leaves and stir to combine well.
- Taste and adjust seasoningswith salt and pepper if necessary.
- Turn off flame.
- Add pasta and stir until well coated.
- If sauce seems dry, add remaining 1/2 cup of reserved pasta water.
- Stir in parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle pine nuts over top of pasta just before serving.