Recipe by Audrey M
Potatoes with a POP!
Top Review by speedgrl
How awesome! I was looking for a quick way to make a fresh potato side, and man this was a great change from the norm. I didn't have a whole onion so I used about 1/4, and it still was great. I agree with Debbb's review, the potatoes for me could have used a bit longer cooking, but the first 15 mins I cooked them with my pork chops that were finishing, so that could have been the reason. We will probably have these left over with breakfast as well! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 3 cups unpeeled cubed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- Add onion and garlic; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Stir in red pepper and next three ingredients, cook 2 minutes.
- Stir constantly and add potato and butter, stirring well.
- Bake in skillet at 400 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes.