Recipe by Dee C. Z .
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. An easy,quick, delicious soup made with Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes. I use to make this soup with peeled potatoes, but this way is so much faster and easier. It actually comes out better. The Simply Potatoes makes it creamier. Big hit with the family, but since I'm the only one that likes chives, I leave them just for me! This is a great recipe for vegetarians too!
- 1 (24 ounce) container Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes
- 5 leeks, trimmed white bulb only...washed & chopped
- 2 (32 ounce) boxes vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- chives (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Saute Leeks in butter until softened (about 10 minutes-stirring often).
- 2. Add Vegetable Broth.
- 3. Add container of Simply Potatoes Traditional Mashed Potatoes.
- 4. Heat on medium heat -- stirring often -- let potatoes dissolve and bring liquid to a simmering, slow boil.
- 5. Use emulsion blender to cream the soup.
- 6. Add heavy cream, stirring to mix well.
- Serve with chopped chive if desired.