Recipe by rpgaymer
I threw this together to use up some ingredients. It seems like a perfect weeknight meal that can be made in a flash. This recipe is very tweakable, so you don't have to use the same toppings listed here. Next time, instead of shrooms and peppers I will probably use anchovies & pineapple (my favorite pizza toppings!)
- 8 ounces pasta (rigatoni, penne, shells, or whatever you have on hand)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 3 -4 ounces pepperoni, half chopped and half thinly sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook your pasta according to your package's directions. Once done, rinse under cold water & drain.
- While pasta is cooking, brown the beef in the olive oil. Add salt & pepper as it cooks, if desired. Drain, if needed.
- Remove beef from heat and stir in the pizza sauce, cooked pasta and the chopped pepperoni.
- Spread pasta mixture in a sprayed 9x12-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, then top with bell peppers, mushrooms and the sliced pepperoni.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is fully-melted and the sauce begins to bubble. Let rest for at least 5 minutes, then serve topped with red pepper flakes, grated Parmesan, Tobasco sauce, ketchup or whatever you usually put on pizza!