Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had something similar to this at a party and loved it. So, I did my best to recreate it for my next party! I've since learned this is a very different method than what she used, but I love my version because it is fast and tastes just as good. This is good as a sandwich or cut into smaller slices as an appetizer. (Servings vary depending on size of slices.) Can be made ahead of time and kept in refrigerator until ready to heat. (Refrigerated loaf will need to be heated a bit longer.)
- 1 baked French bread or 1 Italian bread, 12 inch size
- 85.04 g packagesliced pepperoni (I use Hormel)
- 29.58 ml cream cheese
- 14.79-29.58 ml italian seasoning
- 5 slice mozzarella cheese
- 5 slice provolone cheese
- 236.59 ml marinara sauce
- Slice off top half of bread, cutting lengthwise.
- Spread cream cheese over entire length of bottom half of bread.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over cream cheese.
- Lay 5 slices of mozarella cheese over length of bread.
- Layer pepperoni over mozarella cheese (you may need to make more than one pepperoni layer, just keep going until you use it all).
- Place 5 slices of provolone cheese on top of pepperoni.
- Place top half on bread back on sandwich.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with warmed marinara for dipping.
A big hit with the kids of course! This is so easy and I would usually have the ingredients on hand so I love that. I made a few different versions of this using green olives in some and green peppers in others. You could really put just about any pizza topping you like in and they would be great. I had to bake for closer to 20 minutes. Thx for sharing this, we loved it!
I made homemade french bread for this recipe. I had just over 2T left of some Garden Vegetable flavored cream cheese, so I used that up. I was sure I bought provolone but couldn't find it in the fridge (probably DS munching on it. lol). I doubled the mozzarella instead. This was like having pizza without all the grease & the money! We started coming up with other filling combinations. Next time we'll try mixing crushed pineapple with the cream cheese, then topping it with Canadian bacon. Mmmm! I did have to heat it about 10 minutes longer than the 10 stated & even after that had to put chunks of it in the microwave to melt the cheese all the way. Next time I think I'll not let the french bread cool all the way before making the sammy. Thanks for sharing your wonderfully fun recipe, Busy Bee! Made in gratitude for encouraging my interest in photo taking.
Easy and Tastes Great!! Loved it!!