Recipe by Soup Fly *
I had something similar to this at a party and loved it. So, I did my best to recreate it for my next party! I've since learned this is a very different method than what she used, but I love my version because it is fast and tastes just as good. This is good as a sandwich or cut into smaller slices as an appetizer. (Servings vary depending on size of slices.) Can be made ahead of time and kept in refrigerator until ready to heat. (Refrigerated loaf will need to be heated a bit longer.)
Top Review by mums the word
A big hit with the kids of course! This is so easy and I would usually have the ingredients on hand so I love that. I made a few different versions of this using green olives in some and green peppers in others. You could really put just about any pizza topping you like in and they would be great. I had to bake for closer to 20 minutes. Thx for sharing this, we loved it!
- 1 baked French bread or 1 Italian bread, 12 inch size
- 1 (3 ounce) packagesliced pepperoni (I use Hormel)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 5 slices mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice off top half of bread, cutting lengthwise.
- Spread cream cheese over entire length of bottom half of bread.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning over cream cheese.
- Lay 5 slices of mozarella cheese over length of bread.
- Layer pepperoni over mozarella cheese (you may need to make more than one pepperoni layer, just keep going until you use it all).
- Place 5 slices of provolone cheese on top of pepperoni.
- Place top half on bread back on sandwich.
- Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Slice and serve with warmed marinara for dipping.