Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy and tasty cobbler recipe. Peach is fantastic, but just about any fruit will work.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peaches, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter and pour into 13 X 9 baking dish.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine milk, flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Mix well.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Do not mix with butter.
- In separate bowl mix frozen fruit, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Heat in microwave for 3-4 minutes or until warm.
- Gently add fruit mixture to pan without mixing with batter. I know it sounds weird, but the batter will rise to the top during cooking and form the crust of the cobbler.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Yes, certainly quick and easy, so stars for the method. I think in the future though, I might rather spend a little more time for a better result. This was okay, just not all that I think a cobbler could be.
I am about to make this recipe for the second time. I thought this was a superior peach cobbler; I've made a lot of different versions over the last few years. I think I'll make it in a slightly smaller dish this time, I wouldn't change anything else.
This was quick and easy, I think next time I make I'll use a longer pan or make more topping. We had it hot with ice cream!!! YUMMY!!!!