Recipe by MarkG
An easy and tasty cobbler recipe. Peach is fantastic, but just about any fruit will work.
Top Review by berry271
Yes, certainly quick and easy, so stars for the method. I think in the future though, I might rather spend a little more time for a better result. This was okay, just not all that I think a cobbler could be.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen peaches, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Melt butter and pour into 13 X 9 baking dish.
- In medium mixing bowl, combine milk, flour, baking powder, salt and 1 cup sugar. Mix well.
- Pour batter into baking dish. Do not mix with butter.
- In separate bowl mix frozen fruit, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Heat in microwave for 3-4 minutes or until warm.
- Gently add fruit mixture to pan without mixing with batter. I know it sounds weird, but the batter will rise to the top during cooking and form the crust of the cobbler.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until golden brown.