Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
For those nights when you want to get something satisfying onto the table fast, this yummy pasta does the trick. Serve it with tossed green salad or a veggie side and you're good to go!
- 12 ounces tri-color spiral pasta
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Cook pasta 8-9 minutes per package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile melt butter in saucepan; stir in cheese then milk; cook, stirring, over medium heat until almost boiling.
- Slowly add a small amount of hot mixture to eggs, stirring; pour tempered egg mixture into saucepan; cook, stirring, over low heat until sauce is hot; stir in bacon and pasta; toss until evenly coated.
My girls love this! I have also added a shredded chicken breast to the dish. I buy a package of real bacon bits - and I use that instead of cooking the bacon. Mary
This is sooo good. It's quick and easy to make, has great texture and excellant flavour. Thanks so much for sharing this comfort dish.