Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 mins
I picked this recipe off a pasta box and served it as first course at a New Year party where it was very popular. It's very easy to prepare, but the simplicity is deceptive, it's delicious. The pasta in the original recipe was pizzoccheri, but I also used it with a bag of "normal" mixed short pasta. The hot pasta will melt the cheese.
- 320 g pasta (pizzoccheri or other short pasta)
- 125 g cabbage (sliced) or 125 g spinach
- 160 g potatoes, cut into small cubes
- 125 g butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 160 g cheddar cheese (sliced or grated)
- 50 g parmesan cheese (grated)
- salt and pepper
- Add the cubed potatoes and cabbage/spinach to a pot of boiling salted water. Boil for 5 minutes then add the pasta and boil for 12 more minutes.
- In the meantime, melt the butter then add the garlic and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and pasta, then into a large bowl start adding layers of potato+cabbage/spinach+pasta, and cheddar and parmesan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, pour the melted butter over the dish. Serve while hot.