Recipe by Ms*Bindy
My daughter needed a Spanish recipe to make for school, and we wanted something easy. She found this on kraftfoods.com. It's really easy, and great tasting too!
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
- 1 lb shrimp, cleaned
- 3 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet.
- Cook and stir red pepper, onion, and garlic for about 5 minutes, or until red pepper is tender-crisp.
- Add broth and turmeric and bring to a boil.
- Stir in shrimp, rice, and vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until broth is absorbed and shrimp turn pink.