Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is not gourmet fare, but it is a filling main dish soup that can be made quickly using 3 cans of vegetables/soup. Posting for a quick and easy recipe, not a savor and gourmet recipe. This is great to feed the masses between getting home from work and rushing out to a soccer game! If reviewing this recipe, please consider that this was posted as a convenience meal, not a gourmet meal!!! Saying all that, with some added sour cream and grated cheese on top, it is really quite tastey! Cayene pepper or crushed red pepper flakes can be used to add spice...left out because I considered this a quick "out the door" family meal.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, julienne-sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 (11 1/4 ounce) cans chili beef soup, undiluted
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet, stirring until it crumbles.drain. Add green pepper, onion, garlic, and chili powder.
- Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Add soup and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
This was super quick and very easy to make. Very hearty dinner on a cold dreary day. I couldn't find the Chili Soup so I subbed in two cans of Beef Vegetable Soup and followed the rest of the directions precisely. My husband really loved this, he said it was a nice change to normal chili. This would be especially easy on a late work night or on a day when the kids have ball games. Thank you for another great one breezermom! Made for PRMR!
Hearty & very tasty! Made for breezermom's Football Week 10 win. Very quick to put together and DH said he likes it better than chili.
Great meal !! I had not heard of chili beef soup before so used some stock and some passata as a sub. My tomatoes and green pepper came from the garden. A handful of Mexican blend cheese on top made a fabulous meal enjoyed by all !!